Tuesday, September 6, 2011

[CE] Revenge Attacks - Acceptable?

Racism has been around in different forms and in this case, in part of revenge after the 9/11 incident. This is what I conclude after watching this video.



This infamous incident not only caused grief and terror among the people, but caused numerous deaths or injuries due to skin color and religion. I find that these ‘revenge attacks’ horrendous because this is more of a reason for more violence. Rather than accepting the negative emotions and find a better way to ease them in peaceful manner, releasing it through murder on an innocent citizen doesn’t change the fact that your loved one(s) is gone. Also, this displays the wrong account of the United States. How is it that it is acceptable for Americans to launch revenge attacks towards Arab Americans, Muslims, and Sikhs? Will it help ease the people’s grief by murdering those who were not a part of this tragic incident?I know I can’t relate to the same situation as those who suffered, but I do know that violence isn’t going to solve the problem.

Also, I like to congratulate Rana Singh Sodhi’s resolve after his brother’s death. He is one of the many who accepted the truth and relinquished any resort of violence to avenge his brother. Not only did Sodhi strengthen his religious faith, he also received support from thousands of people. Once again, I know I cannot imagine the sorrow from this dreadful event and its effects, but I know that violence will only result in more violence. We live in a world with a rich history from wars and revolutions, so why not create an era where revenge will not be part of a reason for another war? I send my regards to those who are affected from the 9/11 and hope that this will tragedy will end.

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely. this is the link to my response post.

    http://deja-hewitt.blogspot.com/2011/09/horrid-cycle.html

    ReplyDelete