Wednesday, September 28, 2011

[CE] Second Rape at St. Mary's

I am back on scandals again. Maybe I should do something about this. So, we have preteen rape by priests, and now, a second sexual assault on college campus. Here’s my reaction in one word: horrifying. Ever since I allowed notifications for college offers through my email account, a portion comes from Saint Mary's College. Now that I read this article, I don’t think I want to risk my safety until the security has been improved.
Officers were called to the campus about 6 p.m. Sunday after college security received a call from the victim, who was on her way to the hospital, Moraga police Chief Robert Priebe said. She told police over the phone that she had been raped by two males -- one a student and one an acquaintance of that student -- at a campus dorm.
In most locations, rape occurs at night, public places, but a campus dorm? What is going on with the security? I know now that there might be a lack of security in the streets but now in public areas such as campus dorm? This will definitely reduce the college’s reputation, ten- folds now that this is a second rape. 

 "This is the second one in two weeks, which is pretty disturbing," Priebe said.
 No kidding. I highly doubt anyone would try and get a dorm room now that there is a second sex assault. Unfortunately, this kind of incident is hard to reach to the end as most sex assaults were never reported or almost never had any actual arrests. 

Police continue to investigate the suspected sexual assault of another female student in a campus dorm room the morning of Sept. 11. An 18-year-old male student was arrested on suspicion of rape and has been released from custody pending the results of forensic tests, Priebe said.
See what I mean? Frankly, this is utterly disgusting. Girls can’t even have safety as well as privacy at a college dorm, where there should be tons of people around, giving the less chance to be assaulted. Yet again I received another email from St. Mary’s College. Sorry, but I am definitely not going to think of this college as an option as long as there is such a high risk in my safety. 


To read the article click here


No comments:

Post a Comment