Wednesday, September 21, 2011

[RE] The plague of school . dun dun dun.

Well it seems like someone’s still not adjusting to school. Well according to Nathan Wong’s post:
School has many affects on you mentally and physically except for those that make you a less ignorant person. First I will talk about the physical illnesses that we as students acquire. After 3 days of school, i realized that my weight started decreasing at a unexpected rate.
That is a little terrifying; three weeks in school and your weight started decreasing. Personally, I’m a bit jealous because I definitely to lose weight but I’m not the only one who’s thinking about that. Also, I think you’re exaggerating this ‘illness’ you claim that’s spreading throughout the school. Although I’m not adjusting with school after summer prep classes, at least I still look lively, now right?

This can be because of the lack of food or lack of sleep. We no longer have the freedom to eat whenever we want in any class, we might not even have time to eat breakfast. Lack of sleep ends up giving us panda eyes, which makes us look like sleep walking zombies. 

Ok I actually laughed at this statement. You say that now, but once it’s AP prep week, you’ll see tons of zombies. And it’s not like we no longer have the freedom to do whatever we want like the summer, it’s a choice that’s given to us for a better future. It’s something that everyone in school had to accept, ever since we took out first step into school. Honestly, we’re pretty lucky; schools in other countries (try China) are stricter and people go to cram schools or extra prep classes afterschool. Some students from other school in order to attain a better education, such as an international school, where you learn everything from a public school, but in English to improve both your English skills and learning the curriculum.  

Our ability of pursuit of happiness is somewhat taken away because of homework. 

Might I add projects and tests? Unfortunately, our pursuit for happiness lies in our education, which are based on our grades.

We no longer have the time to do stuff we enjoyed during the summer. Since the summer gave us a surge of happiness and now we have very little happiness, this is a fast transition.

I agree; however people usually take advantage of the summer by taking extracurricular activities, summer jobs, or prep classes for upcoming AP class in community colleges. So whether we like or not, some people don’t have the time to do something they enjoy. Although I also can’t bear the long hours of school and prep classes, I got no choice. I’m guessing to most other students, summer is a time where you can actually have some fun in between more work.  
I made this post for fun and it is also expressing how much I miss the summer of 2011. Time sure flies.
I definitely agree on this. This summer sucked for me because of the prep classes, but hopefully, I’ll make it up on the next summer. Just going to look forward for Summer of 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment