Thursday, October 13, 2011

[CE] Alameda Firefighters now water-rescue team

        One of the problems about budget cuts is that we don’t even have the appropriate jobs for people. Even for a water-rescue team. So what do we do? Train firefighter, that’s what!

The Fire Department bought a boat in June, and nearly 60 firefighters have taken either boat operator or rescue swimmer training. Firefighters have used the boat for about six rescue efforts.

Talk about saving money! Not only will they be called firefighters, but also water-fighters! Or will it be Ocean-fighters? Anyways, although there are some benefits from improving our safety in the waters, I send my regards to Raymond Zack, the man who committed suicide and his family. If we have the power to save people from this event, we can do so in the future. I’m sure that just because of budget cuts, the police and firefighters were unable to catch up to the Zack. To be helpless due to lack of money is frustrating and this account will both improve our general welfare and strengthen the protests against these budget cuts. 

"We're surrounded with water, for crying out loud," she said. "It's necessary that we have something to protect us."
Berry, 84, said her son suffered from depression. "There was no reason for him to die," she said, her voice breaking. "I still can't get over being mad, and I know I shouldn't be. But I can't."

I do agree the fact that we are in fact, surrounded with water so not only do we need protection on land, but also on water. But I know that what I’m saying about protection from the waters is pretty limited, but a plan for this situation would’ve been useful.

       
Although I think there was no helping the fact that Zack’s intention of dying, he might’ve changed his views if we were able to rescue him. Suicide is perhaps the solution of today’s society as unemployment rate of our nation gradually increases as our debt continues to increase. I hope that my generation doesn’t have to suffer due to such impact of our lives and fall of our American dream.

To read more, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment