Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hunger Games pt.3



For the final part of The Hunger Games,
I didn't annotate much on the third section because due to the plot reaching its climax, it's pretty pointless and its better not to stop time to time to keep track of what's going on.
I really do admire Katniss's strong will despite of all the events she is going through. With her outgoing personality, I'm pretty surprised at how she didn't really breakdown during the game such as seeing her new comrade Rue being killed in front of her and the times where Peeta was close to death and her inability to help ease his pain. What I dislike is how practically useless Peeta really is. I know I sound really mean and I can see how the author is thinking about; most girls in the novels have a weak but a somewhat strong personality, but Katniss shows how girls can truly be. And with one strong character, there should be a main character that happens to have that weak persona. And who is that character? Peeta. He's describe as what a usual female character is like in a novel. I thought 'maybe Peeta will change during the Game and not depending on Katniss's aid'. Wrong. He remains like that and the only thing he really does are his declarations of love towards Katniss. Also, I wonder why did Collins created the character, Gale? Maybe another love interest for Katniss or maybe he might have another role in the next book. He wasn't mentioned a lot other than what Katniss thinks of him, and he only played a minor role. Other than that, I think I'll read the next book: Catching Fire.
My questions are: How do you like the ending? Do you think Katniss will end up with Peeta for real, not for the audience? Are you satisfied with just reading only the first book or will continue reading the next book? Overall, do you think that this is a good end and you are done with the series?

*OMG it's LATE O__O

No comments:

Post a Comment